What is All Access Technology Remote Support?
All Access Technology Remote Support is a software program developed by LogMeIn. It adds registry enrty for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The setup package generally installs about 11 files and is usually about 10.18 MB (10,669,716 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 7 (SP1). Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.
How to remove All Access Technology Remote Support Get Fastest Cleaner to Fix
How to remove All Access Technology Remote Support from Windows XP
- Click the start menu, select run to stop the program processes.
- Go to the control panel.
- Locate the add/remove programs icon to remove the program.
- Click the windows start menu, then click search, then delete the associated files.
- Open the registry editor, search and delete the programs registry entries.
How to remove All Access Technology Remote Support from Windows Vista
- Open the control panel and select uninstall the program.
- Locate and open add or remove programs to click uninstall/remove.
- Open task manager to stop processes of it.
- Delete the program infected files.
- Recover system to an earlier state.
How to remove All Access Technology Remote Support from Windows 7
- Click on the start button and go to the control panel.
- Click on the appearance and personalization.
- Click on the folder options.
- Click on the view tab in the folder options window.
- Choose the show hidden files, folders, and drives under the hidden files and folders category.
- Click ok at the bottom of the folder options window.
- Delete the related registry entries to this hijacker virus through registry edit.
- Find out and remove the associated files of this software.
How to remove All Access Technology Remote Support from Windows 8
- Open windows start menu go into the search field.
- Go to Microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup.
- Remove associated files.
- Access windows task manager to kill rogue_name processes.
- Search for all related registry entries infected by virus and wipe them out.
- Reboot the computer to normal mode when the above steps are done.
Reset Your Web Browser:
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Kapersky Partner you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- Google Chrome has an option that will reset itself to its default settings. To find this option, open Chrome’s menu and select Settings. Perform a search for “reset browser” and you’ll see the Reset browser settings button.
- You could also just plug chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings into Chrome’s address bar to pull up this page.
- Click the Firefox menu button, point to Help, and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button on the Troubleshooting Information page.